It is a VERY EXCITING time to plan your wedding day – it is also VERY IMPORTANT to know the legal regulations and implications for getting married in South Africa whether you are a SA or Non SA citizen and we at Dream Ceremonies can assist you with this.
- In order to get legally married in South Africa it is important to decide on the service of a registered Marriage Officer
- Important to find out whether the Marriage Officer is legally appointed by Home Affairs to officiate a legal marriage
- The Marriage Officer should have a designation number – which indicates that he/she is appointed by SA government – Home Affairs department to conduct a legal marriage
- The Marriage officer should advise on all documentation needed before your wedding day.
- It is also important for the Marriage Officer to explain the legal procedure the Marriage Officer is responsible for – before, during and after your wedding day
- According to the SA Marriage Act of 1961 and the SA Civil Union Act of 2006 – a marriage should be registered by a government appointed Marriage Officer within three working days of your wedding day (after signing the legal marriage register)
- If you decide on getting married with an ante nuptial contract – it is important to sign this contract BEFORE your wedding day and inform the Marriage Officer about it and submit the proof from the lawyer/notary that you have signed the ante nuptial contract
- Discuss the content of the ceremony with the Marriage Officer prior to your wedding day so there are no surprises on your wedding day
- Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life – please make sure your Marriage Officer is well informed about Home Affairs rules and regulations regarding SA and international requirements so your marriage can be recognized globally
Dream Ceremonies wants to be part of your special day because we believe that a ceremony should be joyful, light-hearted and a true celebration. We are a professional, dedicated team of Marriage Officers who takes full responsibility for documentation, creating and officiating your dream ceremony and registering your marriage.
Contact Dream Ceremonies
Cellphone: 082 921 6475
ENJOY THE PLANNING!!